Value through innovation
Polyglass® is an ISO 9001:2015 certified, leading manufacturer of modified bitumen membranes and roof coatings for low- and steep-slope applications.
Utilizing the industry’s most technologically advanced manufacturing process, Polyglass operates six state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities — five in North America and one in Italy that serves all of Europe.
Since 2008, Polyglass has been a part of the Mapei® Group, a 4-billion-dollar manufacturer in the building industry with over 32 research centers and more than 90 production facilities in 35 countries on 5 continent.
Polyglass is committed to adding value by producing cutting-edge products that meet or exceed the needs of our customers. Our goal is to provide a professional experience, focusing on durable roofing and waterproofing products, as well as efficient service, all while meeting the objectives of our shareholders and employees.
Polyglass prides itself in innovative roofing and waterproofing products which exceed the needs and expectations of its customers all around the world. This commitment is demonstrated daily by the people that work for Polyglass where the customers’ needs always come first.
The History of Polyglass
Polyglass was founded near Venice, Italy, in 1960 by brothers Luigi, Romano, and Antonio Zanchetta. Decades of practical experience as roofing professionals provided the Zanchettas with a strong foundation for developing contractor-friendly roofing and waterproofing materials.
By the 1970s, Polyglass had solidified itself as a leading manufacturer of modified bitumen roofing membranes in Europe. The company began exporting and distributing products to the U.S. in the 1980s. In 1992, the Zanchettas took another big step forward by opening Polyglass’s first U.S. facility and headquarters.
Since then, Polyglass has become a leading innovator in the roofing industry. In the late 1990s, the launch of Polyglass’ patented self-adhered ADESO® Technology — the first self-adhesive membrane introduced to the United States — positioned Polyglass as a leader in self-adhered modified bitumen membranes.
After joining the Mapei Group in 2008, Polyglass U.S.A. moved its headquarters to Deerfield Beach, Florida. To this day, the company remains a family business, with Natalino Zanchetta — the son of founder Romano Zanchetta — at the helm in his role as President/CEO.
Polyglass is proud to celebrate 30 years of evolution and innovation in manufacturing in the U.S. As part of the company’s commitment to continuous improvement, it recently launched a new liquid-applied membrane system called Polyglass PMMA. Polyglass has also entered the Building Envelope market, offering a comprehensive selection of high-quality products and systems to provide for all specifications and requirements.
Polyglass Through the Decades
Starting as roofing contractors, brothers Luigi, Romano, and Antonio Zanchetta realized on the job that there was a need for more contractor-friendly roofing products. After years in the field, the Zanchettas decided to put their beliefs into action and created their first compound formulation. Joining “poly” from polymer and “glass” from fiberglass — two elements in their products, the name Polyglass was born.
In 1972, Polyglass’s first plant was built in Ponte di Piave, a town just north of Venice, Italy. The location was chosen because it was home to the Zanchetta family.
By the mid-1970s, two production lines were up and running, producing modified bitumen roofing membranes. The business grew from Italy to the surrounding countries.
- The start of the 1980s was an exciting time for Polyglass as Romano decided to venture into the United States business opportunity. With the growth of Europe’s business, expanding abroad was a natural progression.
- By the mid-1980s, American Roofing Corporation was distributing Polyglass products in the mid-western United States with great success.
- In the late 1980s, Polyglass invested in West America Membranes, which had a manufacturing facility in Fernley, NV. The company ceased operations allowing Polyglass to buy the plant and its contents.
- After buying the manufacturing plant in Fernley, Polyglass made its own facility by bringing its knowledge of building state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment to make top-quality products. Polyglass opened its first U.S. facility and headquarters in 1992.
- 1997 marked 25 years since Polyglass entered the roofing manufacturing business and celebrated by bringing all of its sales reps from the U.S. to Italy to show off the company’s roots. 1997 also marked the year Polyglass opened its second U.S. manufacturing plant in Hazleton, PA.
- At the end of the 1990s, Polyglass modified its logo by incorporating the Q behind the company name. Q, standing for quality, was the recognition of Polyglass SpA achieving ISO 9001. At the same time, Polyglass introduced the first self-adhesive membrane in the United States – creating a new product category within the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA).
- At the turn of the century, Polyglass SpA experienced significant growth, opening multiple distribution points with main locations in Great Britain and Romania. Polyglass SpA expanded its operations in Ponte di Piave to support this growth.
- In 2003, Polyglass revolutionized the roofing industry by manufacturing its self-adhered membranes with its patented ADESO® Technology. A dual-compound formulation allows the contractor to have multiple surface options on an aggressive self-adhesive bottom layer.
- In 2007, Polyglass opened the doors of its third U.S. plant in Winter Haven, FL. The following year Polyglass introduced coatings to its product offering. Manufacturing its own coatings, cement, mastics, reflective coatings, and elastomeric roof coatings, Polyglass applies the same commitment to quality to this product category.
- In 2008, the Mapei Group acquired Polyglass. A company heavily focused on product research and development. Mapei has been in the building materials industry for over 80 years and is owned by an Italian family, making it a natural fit for Polyglass.
- Polyglass launches its most recent technology to the roofing industry, CURE Technology®. This innovative, patented technology features infused ceramic microspheres, ultraviolet stabilizers, and proprietary resins resulting in a longer-lasting, environmentally-friendly, higher-quality modified bitumen membrane.
- Polyglass moved its U.S. headquarters to Deerfield Beach, FL, in 2010. With three plants across the U.S., Polyglass continues to develop its ability to service the Americas. Combined with its strong European operations, Polyglass is a global company that provides quality roofing products featuring cutting-edge technology.
- In 2014, Polyglass U.S.A., Inc. acquired KM Coatings to increase its footprint in manufacturing roof coatings. The acquisition resulted in a fourth U.S. manufacturing facility in Phoenix, AZ.
- In 2016, CISQ/CERTIQUALITY S.r.l. recognizes Polyglass for its Quality Management System Meeting ISO 9001:2015 Standards for the Design, Manufacture, and Sales of Modified Bitumen Roofing and Waterproofing Membranes, Coatings, Adhesives, and Sealants.
- In 2017, Polyglass U.S.A., Inc. opened its fifth manufacturing plant in Waco, TX.
- In 2019, Polyglass introduced TurboSet, an innovative two-compound, water-based, liquid-applied roof coating system featuring our Blue Cure Technology additive, which speeds up drying and curing time.
- In 2019, Polyglass announced SEALLap® ULTRA – The next generation of SEALLap Technology. The newly redesigned manufacturing process applies a self-adhesive (SA) compound to the side lap of the membrane for an instant bond, tested stronger than all other application methods.
Celebrates 30 Years of Evolution and Innovation manufacturing in the US.
Launches new liquid-applied membrane system: Polyglass PMMA.
Polyglass joins the Building Envelope market offering a complete range of superior products and systems to provide for all structural waterproofing requirements.
Polyglass launches new global brand logo. Part of the ongoing evolution of the company.
- North America
- Polyglass U.S.A., Inc.
- Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Polyglass SpA
- Ponte Di Piave, Italy
With five manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout the United States, Polyglass is able to service most of the country in just a few days.
- Fernley, Nevada
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Hazleton, Pennsylvania
- Winter Haven, Florida
- Waco, Texas
Essential products and technologies
Polyglass is a leading manufacturer of roofing and waterproofing products designed to improve the performance and longevity of existing systems. We offer a range of products, including roofing membranes, cool roof coating, insulation, and waterproofing membranes, primers, and accessories. Each product is engineered to reduce energy costs, increase the life of the building structures, and enhance the overall appearance of the building.
Made from a combination of modified bitumen and reinforcement, these membranes are known for their durability, resistance to extreme temperatures and UV rays. They are popular for new residential and commercial projects and re-roofing projects, making them ideal for flat or low-slope roofs and steep-slope roofs applications. With Polyglass ADESO® Technology, the Modified Bitumen Membranes feature a unique self-adhering technology that eliminates the need for open flames and hot asphalt.
An essential component of any steep-slope roofing system, Underlayments act as a secondary barrier to protect the roof from water infiltration and other external elements. Polyglass self-adhering Underlayments are designed with advanced technology to provide protection against wind-driven rain, ice dams, and snow. This technology saves contractors time and money on installation costs.
A liquid-applied coating that forms a protective seal over existing roof systems. Excellent tensile strength and elongation properties allow it to adapt to different substrates and will remain highly flexible, durable and resilient to temperature fluctuations. Elastomeric coatings can be applied over a variety of substrates, including metal, modified bitumen, sprayed polyurethane foam, BUR, and single-ply membranes.
Polyglass offers a wide range of elastomeric roof coating systems, including acrylic and silicone options.
- Acrylic Roof Coatings – Acrylic coatings are a cost-effective solution for protecting and increasing the long life of the roof system.
- Silicone Roof Coatings – Silicone coatings are the longest-lasting roof coating available. The cool roofs offer superior waterproofing and UV protection, as well as excellent elasticity.
Asphaltic roof coatings are an easy-to-install roof product that can extend the life of an existing roof, protect a roof from tears and abrasions, and/or improve reflectivity ratings for better energy efficiency. At Polyglass, our asphaltic coatings are specially designed to address a wide range of roofing applications and challenges.
Explore our asphaltic coatings products below.
An exceptional innovation known for its remarkable strength, quick curing, and outstanding durability, surpassing traditional waterproofing materials. These revolutionary cold-applied products provide maximum long-term performance as part of next generation liquid-applied roofing and waterproofing systems.
The versatile range of Polyglass PMMA solutions caters to various waterproofing and surfacing requirements, making them ideal for applications such as low-slope roofs, terraces, plaza decks, balconies, green roofs/walls, mechanical room floors, below-grade waterproofing, and more.
With Polyglass PMMA, you can confidently address a wide array of project needs, providing reliable and effective solutions for a multitude of construction challenges.
These advanced solutions are specifically designed to provide effective protection against air and vapor infiltration in building envelopes. Polyglass offers high-performance membranes and systems that ensure superior air and vapor barrier performance, helping to maintain energy efficiency and indoor air quality. These products are engineered with durability and ease of installation in mind, making them suitable for a variety of construction applications. With a commitment to quality and innovation, Polyglass delivers reliable air and vapor barrier solutions that meet the stringent requirements of modern construction projects.
Polyglass offers a range of effective solutions for waterproofing structures below ground level. These products include advanced membranes and systems designed to protect against water infiltration, ensuring the long-term integrity of buildings. With a focus on durability and performance, Polyglass’ below-grade waterproofing products are engineered to withstand challenging conditions. They are an excellent choice for architects, contractors, and building owners seeking reliable and effective waterproofing solutions.
Our Innovative Technologies
- ADESO® Self-Adhered Technology
- Kool Roof Solutions™
- CURE Technology®
- Turbo-Set® featuring Blue Cure Technology™
- Burn-Shield Technology™