PolyFlash 1C is ideal for contractors to keep on hand when performing roof maintenance as a reliable and versatile solution for temporary or permanent roof repairs. Here’s a detailed guide to using Polyflash 1C as part of routine roofing maintenance.
Since it began in the 1960s, Polyglass has been committed to manufacturing a broad range of quality roofing and waterproofing products – all backed by long-term warranties and designed to save you precious time and money.
One of these products is PolyFlash® 1C, a must-have product for creating a durable and weatherproof roof. When combined with other Polyglass products, like PolyBrite Reinforcing Polyester fabric, PolyFlash® 1C can easily fix expected or unexpected flashing problems on most types of roofing systems.
What is Polyflash 1C?
PolyFlash 1C is a one-component silane modified polyurethane flashing compound designed to be applied using a brush. When fully cured, PolyFlash 1C is UV resistant and can be enhanced with most standard elastomeric coatings. PolyFlash 1C’s high solid formulation has been engineered to provide stability and achieve dependable durability and crack bridging capabilities. With a minimal odor and easy application, it’s also kind to you, your wallet, and the environment.
For what can Polyflash 1C be used?
Thanks to its versatility, Polyflash 1C can be used to seal and waterproof various types of roofing systems, including asphaltic membranes, APP and SBS membranes, and conventional BUR systems. It’s ideal for sealing difficult surfaces and sections such as masonry, wood, curbs, vents, roof drains, pitch pans, specialty gypsum sheathing products, and unusually shaped penetrations.
Polyflash 1C can also be applied as an immediate but temporary emergency leak repair solution for damp to wet surfaces. This helps protect damaged or weakened roofing areas during bad weather until a more permanent solution can be applied.
PolyFlash 1C creates a seamless barrier against the elements, which is aesthetically pleasing, watertight, and highly reflective, protecting roofs against dampness and ultraviolet solar rays in one easy-to-apply coating.
Things to consider before using Polyflash 1C
PolyFlash 1C is ideal for contractors to keep on hand when performing roof maintenance as a reliable and versatile solution for temporary or permanent roof repairs. Here’s a detailed guide to using Polyflash 1C as part of routine roofing maintenance:
- Inspect the roof – Survey the exterior condition of the roof to identify any damaged areas.
- Remove rooftop debris – This includes leaves, branches, dirt, rocks, bottles, trash, etc.
- Clean all water channels – Empty any gutters, downspouts, drains, and scupper to ensure water freely flows off the roof.
- Check and repair metal flashing areas – Fix metal flashing damaged by foot traffic or adverse weather conditions like hail or ice. All damaged materials must be repaired with Polyglass products by a Polyglass Preferred/Quantum Contractor.
- Remediate exposed mastics and sealants – Check all seals on the roof for damage or tears, including pitch pans and metal flashing sealants.
- Examine areas adjacent to the roof – Damage to adjoining structures can cause leaks. These items need to be repaired by properly authorized and trained personnel.
- Protect roof during repairs – Use precautions to properly protect the roof and coating products like Polyflash 1C from becoming damaged.
- Apply Polyflash 1C – Once you’re satisfied with the roof’s condition, apply Polyflash 1C to all necessary areas with a brush according to the instructions.
Our goal at Polyglass is to provide efficient service and a quality range of sustainable solutions such as Polyflash 1C. These products will add years to the service life of your roofing system and help save you time, effort, and money.