Flexibility, strength, and dimensional stability for multi-ply low-slope roofing projects.
Polyglass’ SBS (Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene) modified bitumen membranes use a proprietary formulation consisting of the highest quality asphalt, polymers, and modifiers.
Our SBS membranes are reinforced with polyester and/or fiberglass mats offering superior flexibility, excellent tensile strength, and dimensional stability. The final product provides a highly durable roofing membrane that is capable of sustaining a variety of environmental conditions over time.
Explore our heat-welded elastomeric SBS roofing membranes below.
Benefits of Multi-Ply SBS Systems
- Superior protection
- Impact resistance
- Lower maintenance
- Exceptional granule retention
- Extended warranty coverage
- Cold temperature flexibility
- Withstands extreme temperatures
- Excellent tensile strength and dimensional stability
- UV protection & reflectivity
- Sustainable solutions
- Energy efficient
Polyglass SBS and APP membranes are available in a variety of installation methods to best suit your application.
SBS installation methods:
- ADESO® Self-Adhered
- Hot Mop
- Mechanically Attached
- Cold Applied
APP installation methods:
- ADESO® self-adhered
- Heat-welded or torch applied
APP (Atactic Polypropylene) and SBS (Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene) refer to the type of substance that “modifies” the modified bitumen. In the case of an APP modified bitumen membrane, a durable plastic known as atactic polypropylene is added. In the case of SBS modified bitumen membranes, a synthetic rubber known as styrene-butadiene-styrene is added. In simple terms, you can think of APP modified bitumen as plastic asphalt and SBS modified bitumen as elastic asphalt.
At Polyglass, we back our product offerings with expert consulting, knowledgable technical support, and unmatched customer service throughout your project. Our expert support services include roof design analysis, pre-bid budget assistance, technical services, and progress inspections throughout your project. In addition, our website offers extensive product information and educational resources, and our Polyschool course offerings offer even more detailed instruction on the best ways to install and use Polyglass products.
Polyglass® is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified, leading manufacturer of modified bitumen roofing and waterproofing membranes and roof coatings for low- and steep-slope applications. We are an industry leader in self-adhered underlayments that are specially designed to help contractors save time and labor costs.
Utilizing the most technologically advanced manufacturing process in the industry, Polyglass operates six state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities — five in North America and one in Italy that serves all of Europe.
As a company that prides itself in innovative and quality roofing products that exceed the needs and expectations of its customers all around the world, we offer roofing contractors the following benefits:
- An extensive line of underlayments and other roofing products that allow for custom-designed solutions for unique construction challenges and environmental conditions
- Outstanding technical support and project assistance
- The most trusted warranties in the industry
- A registered contractor program and a wide array of contractor resources, including instructional videos to Polyschool courses.
- The ability to earn points and redeem prizes for every Polyglass purchase with Club Premio